A Cyberpunk JRPG
Jack Move is a cyberpunk themed Japanese style RPG. Jack Move is set in a “VHS-era” cyberpunk city filled with high-tech and low-life. Inspired by the novels of William Gibson, 80’s computer interfaces and films such as Strange Days, Akira & Bladerunner. The game features beautiful modern pixel art, a unique turn based battle system and an 8 to 10 hour campaign. Players take on the role of Noa, a vigilante hacker who is thrust into a world of murder, kidnapping and dark research after her father goes missing.
You can wishlist Jack Move on Steam right now!
Jack Move features beautifully animated turn based battles. Inspired by JRPG greats such as Final Fantasy 7-10, Grandia and Golden Sun, with a modern twist.
The single party member system allows for exciting and tactical battles. Customise the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid battle, balancing offence, defence and buffs. Choosing which software you load during a battle is the key to victory! Hardware upgrades can help boost your stats, increase the amount of software you can install or give Noa extra abilities.
They whisper her name on the streets: Solares.
A mysterious veteran of the Data Wars, she keeps the fight against the Corporations alive as a vigilante hacker-for-hire, empowering the downtrodden and undermining those with power.
When she receives an emergency message from her estranged father - the eccentric Dr. Abner Solares, whose wife’s death spurred him to become the leading researcher of ‘digital reanimation’ - Noa is thrust into a world of murder, kidnapping, dark research, and the corporation that would steal it for their own ends: Monomind.
What starts as fight to save your father will become a fight for the future of mankind itself…
- “VHS era” cyberpunk world
- Neon. Rain. Cityscapes.
- Gritty story
- 8-10 hour campaign
- Unique “cyberspace” battle system
- Configure the loadout for your sweet cyberspace deck
- Looks lovely
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art
- Wicked soundtrack
- Featuring music by cult Drum and Bass producer Fracture
Designed from the ground up to be playable with controllers or keyboard, Jack Move is being developed for PC and Nintendo Switch.
Jack Move is being published by Hypertrain Digital and is on track to be released in 2021.
Considering I’ve played some RPGs that are still introducing you to basic combat systems at that point, it’s refreshing to see something with turn-based combat aiming at being a bit more compact.
Pairing the gracefully flowing animations in these battles with an intricate battle system makes it a strong contender in the JRPG arena. You’ll be chomping at the bit to watch Noa bust out some tech-based attacks and trounce her opponents in this eye-grabbing cyberpunk game.
- Indie James: Jack Move | Cyberpunk JRPG | Alpha Demo Gameplay
- Alpha Beta Gamer: Jack Move - VHS-era Cyberpunk Twist on the Traditional Turn Based JRPG Adventure!
- AlphatoBetaGaming: [Demo] Jack Move - Cyperpunk JRPG]
- Cryptic Hybrid: Jack Move - Cyberpunk Beginnings
- GitGudCat: BIG FAT JUNK BOSS | Let's Play Jack Move!
- MattMade: Jack Move Demo Playthrough - HACK EM DOWN!
About So Romantic
So Romantic is a UK/Taiwan based, one-man micro studio started by Edd Parris. Edd previously worked at Mediatonic on titles such as Heavenstrike Rivals (Square Enix) and Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (Warner Bros), before striking out on his own as a freelance Unity developer. Edd handles production, design, code and background art whilst working with talented freelancers.
- Edd Parris - Design, environment art and programming
- Edd has worked in games for 6 years. At Mediatonic he worked on titles for Square Enix, Disney and Warner Bros. He has had personal work shown at Rezzed, Wild Rumpus and Fantastic Arcade. He has previously organised the developer community meetup Brighton Indies and the yearly Games by the Sea party.
- Joe Williamson - Lead character design and animation
- Joe is a multitalented game developer, pixel artist and musician. He is an avid game jammer and Ludum Darer. He has worked for DoubleJump and Kongregate. Joe is also a magician!
- Gary Lucken - Character design and animation
- Gary produces a unique brand of colourful artwork heavily influenced by videogames, toys and pop culture. Gary has worked with Sony, Edge, Minecraft, Lego, BBC and Channel 4.
- Fracture - Music
- Fracture is a connoisseur of fine cuisine and hot sauces. When he’s not in the kitchen, he can be found running the Astrophonica label and releasing on pioneering British dance music labels such as Metalheadz and Exit Records.
- Adam Hay - Sound design
- Award winning sound designer Adam Hay has worked on titles for Rare and Frontier Developments, as well as The Chinese Room where he won a Bafta for his work on Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture.
- Amalie Kae - Writing
- Game writer, narrative designer and published novelist. Backed by a degree in Games Design from University of the Arts London, Amalie strives to make video game narratives something truly special.
- Marco Palmieri - Writing
- Marco is a developmental editor and creative consultant. Before going freelance he was senior editor for Tor Books, Forge Books, and Tor.com. Marco has edited books for franchises such as Star Trek, World of WarCraft, and Resident Evil.
Grab the media kit